The Scientific Committee of PUGA 1st International Biennial Conference 2018
Click here for online registration : ABSTRACT FORM
MEMORANDUM 1: NAME
The Society will be “Pakistan Urogynaecologists Association” (PUGA).
MEMORANDUM 2: PLACE
The Registered office of the Society is located at Pakistan Medical Association House, Sir Aga Khan III Road, Karachi, 74400.
MEMORANDUM 3: Area of Operation
The area of operation of the Association will be the entire territory of Pakistan.
MEMORANDUM 4: AIMS & OBJECTS
The Association will be a not-for-profit organization that will promote the knowledge regarding pelvic floor dysfunction in female and will do continuous research for the management of problems related to genitourinary system and pelvic floor.
The objectives of PUGA are:
- Networking of gynecologists with special interest in female genitourinary system & pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Dissemination of knowledge regarding female genitourinary system & pelvic floor dysfunction all over Country.
- To promote modern management and rehabilitation of patients with problems associated with pelvic floor.
- To organize workshops, scientific meetings and National / international conferences, symposia to promote science and art of urogynecology among young and senior gynecologist and doctors with special interest.
- To bring the members of the PUGA together periodically at conferences and also bring them in contact with specialists from other parts of the world with a view of advancing their knowledge and skills.
- To cooperate with other surgical or medical associations and societies.
- To make rules when deemed necessary, interlaid, relating to the discipline and professional conduct of urogynaecologists.
- To make bye-laws, rules and regulations of the Association and to delete, modify or add to the same as and when necessary.
- The Pakistan Urogynaecologist Association shall not involve in any political activity and shall not allow any body to use it as a platform/forum to promote political agenda of any person or political party.
MEMORANDUM 5: RULES & REGULATIONS
- PUGA means the ‘Pakistan Urogynaecologists Association’.
- “President” includes a Vice-President performing the functions of the President under delegated authority’.
- “Executive Committee” means the committee appointed by the members in first meeting for performance of the day to day administration of the Society.
Following persons can be members of Society:
- Gynecologists and midwives with special interest in urogynecology will be the member of society.
- They all will be honorary members and the life membership will be PKR 5000/- (Five Thousand Pak rupees) for doctors & annual membership 1000/= (one thousand Pak rupee) for nurses and midwives 500/= per year.
- Doctors, nurses and midwives with special interest in urogynecology can be associate members.
- The Secretary of the PUGA will maintain a register of its members which shall be open to inspection by the members of the Society.
- All members shall cease to be members on tendering resignation in writing.
- The “Executive Committee of the PUGA” may by a vote of two thirds of the members present at a meeting remove any Member from membership of the Association provided the notice of such proposed action and opportunity for explanation has been given to the member concerned and provided that the item had been included in the agenda of the meeting in which such action is taken.
- Such action shall, however, not been taken unless the “Executive Committee of the PUGA” comes to the conclusion that the members concerned has been guilty of deliberate violation of the provisions of the Memorandum of Society and /or the Rules and Regulations of the Society.
- All such actions of the Executive Committee of the Society shall be subject to confirmation by the General body at its meeting immediately following.
- Accounts of the society will be open by Finance Secretary and it should be handled by Finance and General Secretary.
3. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGS:
- The Annual General body Meeting of the PUGA will be held once every year and the interval between such meetings should not exceed a period of 18 months.
- The Annual General body Meeting shall be convened by the order of the President who shall also decide upon the venue for such meetings.
- Notices of an Annual General body Meeting shall be sent to every member by post, under a certificate of posting whose registered address is available with the PUGA.
- Notices shall be sent at least 14 days prior to the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting and it shall be accompanied by agenda specifying the business intended to be transacted at such meeting.
- At each Annual General Meeting the annual report and the financial statement for the last year and the budget estimates for the following year shall be presented and Chartered Accountant shall be appointed for auditing the Accounts for the current year.
- At each Annual General Meeting shall be presided over the president ‘or in the President’s absence by the Vice-President some other member may be elected by the Members present to take the chair.
4. EXTRA-ORDINARY GENERAL MEETING:
- Extraordinary General Meeting may be called in consultation with President for any specific purpose.
- The notice for an extra-ordinary General Meeting together with its agenda shall be sent in the same manner as that of Annual Meeting except that the period with its agenda shall be 7 days.
- An extra-ordinary general meeting shall be presided over in the same manner as a Annual General Meeting.
At all the General Meetings, whether Annual or Extraordinary, members shall from the quorum. If there is no quorum with in 30 minutes of the timed fixed for such meeting, the meeting shall be adjourned to be held after 30 minutes. If at such adjourned meeting there be no quorum, urgent business which may be certified as such by the General Secretary may be transacted provided three members other than the office bearers are present who shall from the quorum for such purposes.
- All questions shall be decided by the majority of votes of members present taken by show of hands.
- In the event of the votes being evenly divided the President/Chairperson shall have a second or casting vote.
- No resolution passed at an Annual General Meeting or at Extraordinary General Meeting shall be rendered invalid merely because of non-receipt of notice of such meeting by a member.
7. OFFICE BEARERS:
- The following shall be office-bearers of the Society
- President………..……….. 1
- Executive Members……... 11
- All the office-bearers shall be elected at an annual general meeting of the members of the Society for a term of three years.
- All the office-bearers will hold office in honorary capacities unless the General Body otherwise determines.
- The Secretary and Treasurer shall exercise powers and perform such functions as may be specified in these rules or the Standing Orders.
The president will be responsible for the Society act in the Section 16 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, Act, XXI of 1860.
9. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
- All office Bearers of the Society.
- The Executive Committee shall have all power and perform all such functions as are the powers and functions of the Society mentioned in the Memorandum of Society and the rules, except those which are required to be done by the General Body under these rules.
- The Executive Committee shall be empowered to set up Committee and Sub-Committees for conduct of business of the Association and to delegate its powers and functions to such committees and sub-committee and to any of its officers except those which are required to be performed by the Executive Committee itself under these rules.
- The Executive Committee shall be empowered to regulate its own procedure and the procedure of the Committees and sub-committees set up by it and to specify by standing orders the functions to be performed by the office bearers and the officers of the Association
- The decisions of the Executive Committee shall normally be taken at a meeting of the committee.
- An ordinary meeting of the Executive Committee shall be called by the President at any time and an extraordinary meeting shall be called on the requisitions in writing made by any five members of the Executive Committee.
- The notice of a meeting of the Executive Committee whether ordinary or extra-ordinary specifying the place, date and hour of the meeting together with the agenda of the business to be transacted shall be sent to every member of the Executive Committee under certificate of posting to the member’s
- registered address five days in advance of the date of the meeting.
- An emergent meeting of the Executive Committee may be called by the President upon giving the members such period of notice as may appear to the President to be reasonable.
- The meeting of the Executive Committee shall be presided over the by the President and in his absence by one of the Vice-President elected by the members present. In the absence of the said office-bearers the members present shall elect a Chairman to preside over the meeting.
- At all meeting of the Executive Committee five members shall from a quorum.
- All decisions shall be taken by the majority vote of the members present. In the event of the votes being evenly divided, the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
- No resolution passed by the Executive Committee shall be deemed to be invalid merely on the ground that the notice of the meeting at which the resolution is passed had not reached a particular member or members.
- In cases of urgency a decision of the Executive Committee in respect of matters within the competence of the Committee may be obtained by circulation of a proposal among the members of the Executive Committee as the case may be.
- Any decision of the Executive Committee arrived at in this manner shall gave the same validity as decision taken in an ordinary meeting of the Executive Committee.
- The bankers of the PUGA shall be such bankers as decided by the Executive Committee.
- The financial year of the PUGA will be from the 1st Jan to 31st Dec of following year.
- The financial powers of the PUGA including receipts and expenditure as well as investments shall be exercised by such committees and officers and in such manner as may be prescribed by the Executive Committee.
- The accounts of the PUGA shall be audited each year by an Auditor appointed by the Executive Committee.
- The Secretary shall maintain the minutes of the meeting authenticated by the Chairman of the meeting at which the minutes are confirmed.
- The Executive Committee shall be charged with the management of all properties vested in the Association. It shall be empowered to receive and disburse through the appropriate officials of the Society in accordance with the provisions of the Standing Orders all moneys and properties both movables and immovable on behalf of the Association.
- All contracts entered into on behalf of the Association shall be required to be made authenticated in such manner as may be determined by the Executive Committee.
- None of these rules shall be repeated or altered and new rules shall be made except in accordance with Rules and Regulations as per the provisions of Section 12 and 12-A of the Society Registration Act, 1860.
- Interpretation of these rules shall be vested entirely in the Executive Committee.